Laguna Beach Auction House (“we” or “us”/LBAH) considers your privacy to be of the utmost importance and we take appropriate measures to protect the security and integrity of all such information.
Specific Information We May Collect Via www.lagunabeachauctionhouse.com
Among other information, we may collect and process the following information obtained from your use of www.lagunabeachaucrtionhouse.com
If you have permitted your computer to accept “cookies,” we may use “cookies” to keep, and sometimes track, information about you. Cookies are small data files that are sent to your browser or related software from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies track where you travel on our web site and what you look at, transact and purchase. They may store items such as your username and/or password, and certain other information, and we may use them to deliver specific messages to you (for example, to announce a new feature that was added since the last time you visited the web site). A cookie may enable us to relate your use of our web site to other information about you. All of these purposes serve to improve and personalize your experience on our web site.
Most web browsers can be set to inform you when a cookie has been sent to you and provide you with the opportunity to refuse that cookie. Additionally, if you have a Flash player installed on your computer, your Flash player can be set to reject or delete Flash cookies. However, refusing a cookie may, in some cases, preclude you from using, or negatively impact the display or function of, the web site or certain areas or features of the web site.
We may collect information about your computer, including your internet address, operating system and browser type when you visit us. Your internet address may be used to help identify and gather statistical or demographic information about our customers generally. We may also use this information for internal system administration to help diagnose problems with our servers, to administer our web site and the customer or user experience.
Additional Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information you provide when you visit our web site and information given in hard copy form or by any other means. Such information may include by way of example and without limitation: your name; title; home and/or business address; e-mail address; home and/or business telephone, wireless and/or fax number; credit card and other payment information; demographic information; your location; art, antique and collectible interests or preferences, art, antique and collectible purchases, auction activity and bidding history, paddle numbers, bidding amounts, payment history; and/or other information that may identify you as an individual or allow online or offline contact with you as an individual. This information may be provided when you are registering interest, transacting with us, subscribing to our services or for newsletters or requesting information.
- Correspondence or other contacts you may have with us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our web site, and any communications by telephone, in person or by any other means relating to those transactions. This may include recording certain telephone conversations, for example relating to live bidding.
- Details of your visits to our web site including, but not limited to, traffic data, web logs or other communication data and the resources you access.
The information you provide to us will be used for processing transactions but may also be used for internal data processing, such as compiling statistical information about your interests and the use of www.lagunabeachauctionhouse.com. As a service to you, we may also use this information to customize the content we offer on www.lagunabeachauctionhouse.com.
How is this Personal Information Used by Us?
Laguna Beach Auction House will collect, record, store and use your personal data for specified purposes, including but not limited to:
- Providing you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we believe would interest you in a way that is targeted and relevant. This could include but is not limited to auctions, private sales, storage services and transportation, valuations, appraisals, education and insurance.
- Carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Notifying you about changes to our products and services.
- Ensuring that our web site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- Selling or purchasing property or services.
- Advising you of forthcoming sales, events and services.
We may contact you for the above purposes by telephone call, email, text or SMS messaging and other means.
We may from time to time share your information with certain third parties in accordance with the following.
We may use third party partners to help operate our web site and deliver our products and services, and may, when necessary to do so, share your information with our affiliates, service providers and other third parties that provide products or services for or through this web site or for our business purposes (such as web site or database hosting companies, address list hosting companies, e-mail service providers, analytics companies, distribution companies, fulfillment companies, and other similar service providers that use such information on our behalf).
We may disclose aggregate statistics regarding user behavior as a measure of interest in, and use of, our web site and products and services purchased. This will be in the form of aggregate data, such as overall patterns or demographic reports that do not describe or identify any individual user.
Legally Compelled Disclosures
We may disclose user information to government authorities or other third parties when we believe such disclosure is required by law. We may also disclose user information as necessary to enforce the our web site terms and conditions, in connection with investigations, or when we believe disclosure is necessarily incident to the provision of our services or to the protection of the rights, property or safety of us or others.
Laguna Beach Auction House regards its databases of customer information (which will include your personal information) as a valuable asset. In the event that Laguna Beach Auction House is acquired by one or more third parties as a result of an acquisition, merger, sale, reorganization, consolidation or liquidation, such databases containing your personal information may be one of the transferred assets. In addition, such a transfer may mean that your personal information is transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area. By using our web site you consent to such transfer of your personal information.
In order to provide you with marketing information about our products and services, we may contact you by email, text, SMS or any other messaging service, telephone, fax and by post. At the bottom of any marketing emails you will have a clearly marked unsubscribe option from future mailings. In addition, you may at any time send an email to email@example.com asking for your name to be removed from our lists.
You have the legal right to a copy of the information which we hold about you, including information on how this will be used and to ensure this information is accurate. You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect data or at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will take all reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the security and integrity of all personal information provided to our web site, or by any other means electronic or otherwise.
We will ensure that your personal data within LBAH is suitably protected against both unauthorized physical and electronic access. These measures include protection measures and other steps designed to improve the data protection posture. However, we cannot guarantee that information during transmission through the internet or any computer network is entirely safe from unauthorized intrusion, access or manipulation. We will have no liability for disclosure of information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties. In any event, where we believe personal data has been compromised, we will notify you of this.
Third-Party Web Sites
Our web site may contain links to other web sites which are not operated by LBAH. The information you provide to us will not be transmitted to other web sites. However, these web sites may collect personal information about you in accordance with their own privacy policies.Laguna Beach Auction House is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
How Long will LBAH Keep My Personal Information?
We will hold your information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or for as long as is specified in any agreement between you and us.
Changes to this Policy